Some quick shots about this:
- Lee will be 35 this year
- Coming off a disappointing year by his standard with .260/19/80 between the Cubs and Braves.
- 2009 was arguably his 2nd best offensive season
- His batting average on balls in play was down marginally last season
- He is generally considered to be an above average first baseman
- His wins above replacement last year was 2.0. 2009 was 5.3
- He would be so much better than Casey Kotchman it would boggle the mind.
It would be a nice pickup for the M's, but it's probably not worth getting excited about.