Tuesday, December 18, 2007

The Serenity Prayer Never Seemed So Appropriate

"God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference."

Yeah, I know there's more to that, but this section really seems quite applicable right now.

According to the bizarre under-bite of Ken Rosenthal, the Mariners are really going after Carlos Silva.

I think my feelings on Silva are well known from previous posts. This move makes as much sense as Paris Hilton giving the keynote address at the National Association of Mathematicians Conference. It's asinine. I've seen it described as "retarded" which is a little low-brow for even me, but it applies nonetheless.

And if anyone even utters the notion that once Silva gets the opportunity to work with Mel Stottlemyre, he'll be a new man, I'll honestly vomit all over my keyboard.

Bill, isn't the point to fill holes, not dig them?

"...accept the things I cannot change...serenity...now...please..."

No comments: